Monday 31 March 2014

Leo Vince Slip-on Can

While the standard can on the Tiger sounds good, I thought that I would prefer something with more of a roar!

There are various slip-on cans on the market. And, a great deal of difference in their prices! I wanted something well made, good looking, good value, and with a deeper tone.

After doing some research, I chose a Leo Vince Stainless Slip-on. These cans get a lot of good feedback from owners that have fitted them. I purchased mine from Moto GB via their Ebay shop.

Having fitted Leo Vince cans to some of my previous bikes, I knew that the can would be an excellent fit. This one didn't disappoint. It took less than fifteen minutes to fit. There are some nice touches like the twin carbon fibre straps, and nicely turned spacers.

The can has a removable baffle, but I have left it in for the time being. The engine map will need to changed if I am to run the can with the baffle removed.

As it is, the can sounds great. It has a deeper sound compared to the standard can. And, at 4,000 rpm and above the sound gets better and better. The engine mapping seems to cope with running the can with the baffle in, with the seamless, smooth power unchanged. There is a little rumbling and popping on the overrun, but nothing I wasn't expecting. I will run it for a few hundred miles to evaluate things before making any mapping changes as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment