Wednesday 2 April 2014

Rear Mudguard Extension

I am getting really fed up of washing my new Tiger. I have never owned a bike that gets so dirty, so quickly.
As soon as I have cleaned it, a short ride later and it is dirtier than before I started! So, I decided to to something about it.
I already have a front mudguard extension and a Shock Sock fitted. I needed to do something about protecting my rear end a little better. I found out that Triumph makes a rear mudguard extension. This could be the solution.
I enquired about the rear extension at my dealer. I was told that it was no longer available. It was shown on the parts selector, but the part number was discontinued. Aaaahhhhhh!!
But, all was not lost. A quick internet search discovered that the part number had changed. This new number was still not recognised by the parts department at my dealer. Another internet search and success. Total Triumph in Taunton have loads of the new part in stock. So, I placed an order.
The extension arrived quickly. It looked just like the original part, but was wider and slightly longer.
In total it took less than 15 minutes to fit. You replace the original rear undershield part, with the new extension piece using the original fittings.
Overall, it was a great success. the extension is nicely intergrated, and seems to protect things well. I'll have to wait until I get caught in the rain for a true test of it's performance.
 Here you can see the extension fitted. It is the lower section. As you can see, it is a good bit bigger all round compared to the original part in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment