Wednesday 24 June 2015

Crasher goes North

This summer I am taking my Tiger on what I hope will be an epic adventure. It has been a long time dream of mine to ride a motorcycle to the Nordkapp, at the northern tip of Norway. It is just one of those places I have always wanted to visit, after reading about it during my early twenties. There is nothing much there, and it has turned into a tourist trap due to people wanting to travel to this rocky cliff top at the top of Europe. It is a long way from my home in the UK, and getting there involves riding lots of miles through the stunning Scandinavian county side. So, this adds another element to the trip. 

The initial idea came about during a conversation with my friend Greg. He lives in Norway, and regularly attends the AF1 Forum Caponord camping weekends in Wales. Once the suggestion of a trip to the Nordkapp was mentioned, I was the first to sign up. The Aprilia Caponord was named after the Nordkapp, so several other owners started to show interest in the trip. While I no longer have my Caponord, I am always made welcome by the guys and girls from the forum who I keep in touch with.

I applied for my leave from work a year in advance, as I would need longer than the standard two week break to complete the trip. It took a while for my bosses to agree, but once this was granted the planning could really begin.

This planning will come to fruition in a couple of weeks time, when I catch my ferry to Sweden and begin the trip. I will post a ride report, and hopefully a series of short films and blogs about the trip when I return towards the end of August. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment